Assistant Director of Nursing ADON Nursing Hospital
- Job Reference: 73147
- Date Posted: 16 May 2023
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Dublin North
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: excellent Hospital plus benefits
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Assistant Director of Nursing
Our client an established hospital based in North Dublin is currently recruiting an ADON to join their expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take their next career step.
* Support and evaluate nursing practice and nursing practice development issues/initiatives across the Hospital.
* Coordinates a network of communication for all nursing developments, and promotes quality improvement and lean initiatives while promoting quality patient care and best practice through all its initiatives.
* Working closely with all clinical departments ensure there are continuous education programs throughout the year.
* Asses learning needs of all areas and drive and embed a culture of practice development through various committees / working groups.
* Review all orientation and training programs across the Nursing Department and update yearly.
* Act as an effective role model, mentor and leader for staff i.e. leading by example.
* Develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care, set standards of care and review and update nursing policies and procedures based on current and sound research.
* Ensure clinical competency of staff in performing clinical procedures and introduce new clinical practices and techniques in an appropriate manner.
* Create and maintain an environment conducive to evidence based teaching, learning and practice
* Candidates MUST be registered with the NMBI
* Have at least 7 years post-registration nursing experience.
* Have good clinical and professional ability.
* Leadership & Management Skills
* Building & Maintaining Relationships
* Quality focus
* Excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
* Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
* Recognised postgraduate qualification in management.
* Previous management experience essential.
* Possess well-developed leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills.
* Excellent IT skills.
For full job spec please call Maria on 087 2951493
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further your career.
For further details & full job spec Please Call Maria O'Dwyer today on 087 2951493 or email Maria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Staff Nurse, Nurse, Dublin, CNM3, Hospital,CNM2, Clinical Nurse Manager, Medical, ADON, Assistant Director of Nursing