Clinical Nurse Manager 3 Oncology Medical Day Services
- Job Reference: 73688 S281
- Date Posted: 18 September 2023
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Dublin North
- Salary: €65,000 to €70,000
- Bonus/Benefits: excellent Hospital plus benefits
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Clinical Nurse Manager 3 - Oncology Medical Day Services
Our client an established Hospital in Dublin wishes to recruit a CNM3 for their Oncology Medical Day Services.
The role of the Clinical Nurse Manager III seeks to ensure excellence in patient care.
The role of Clinical Nurse Manager 3 is pivotal to the co-ordination and management of the services and resources within the Oncology/Medical Day Services. The Clinical Nurse Manager III shows a capacity to adopt a leadership stance, make an impact, and influences, energises and inspires others in the organisation.
The key roles and responsibilities include:
* The delivery of a patient focused service must be the principle underpinning the delivery of services. The CNM III is accountable for the delivery of an effective, efficient and quality care service within the Oncology/Medical Day Services through professional and strategic leadership for the Nursing service.
* Lead, assist and actively promote the development and implementation of plans to ensure that services for patients and their families are integrated and seamless.
* To be aware that the spiritual well being of each patient is as important as the physical well being. To respect the spiritual and cultural beliefs of each individual and to liaise with the Pastoral Care Team as required.
* Provide education, support and advice to patients and relatives using the service.
* Be an excellent communicator considering the wide variety of situations that may arise in the day to day management of the Oncology/Medical Day Services together with admirable competence in interpersonal skills.
* Proactively strive to develop multidisciplinary communication, collaboration and teamwork within the Oncology/Medical Day Services and with other hospitals and primary care providers.
* Efficient management of human and fiscal resources within the Oncology/Medical Day Services according to patient acuity/dependency and activity.
* Assign time to staff development/ team meetings and is respectful of the contribution of all team member's views and ideas.
* Identify current skills gaps in the Oncology/Medical Day Services staff and partake in an objective Training Skills Analysis.
* Registered General Nurse with The Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), or eligible to register with the NMBI
* Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Cancer Nursing)
* Completed a formal recognised post-registration education relevant to the role (e.g. Management) or a commitment to undertake within an agreed timeframe
* Essential Experience
* Minimum of 5 years post registration experience of which 2 must be in the speciality or related area (Cancer Nursing) or in Medical Nursing
* Management experience at CNM level within the past 5 years
* Desirable Experience
* Knowledge of JCI or similar accreditation system
* Essential Competencies
* Behavioural Competencies
* People Management
* Problem Solving & Decision Making
* Change & Innovation
* Organisation Knowledge
* Quality & Safety Service
* Technical/Clinical Competencies
* IT skills
* Experience in personal and professional staff development
* Demonstrate project/change management skills
* Other factors that are essential to the role
* A flexible, positive attitude to performing a wide range of duties to meet the needs of the service
For full job spec please call Maria on 087 2951493
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further your career.
For further details & full job spec Please Call Maria O'Dwyer today on 087 2951493 or email Maria to: email@example.com
Keywords: Staff Nurse, Nurse, Dublin, CNM3, Hospital,CNM2, Clinical Nurse Manager, Medical, Oncology, Medical Day Services