Clinical Nurse Specialist Palliative Care CNS
- Job Reference: 72955
- Date Posted: 25 January 2023
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Dublin
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: excellent Hospital plus allowances
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: ASAP
- Work Hours: Full Time
CNS Palliative Care
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Our client an excellent hospital based in Dublin is currently recruiting a Clinical Nurse Specialist Palliative Care CNS to join the nursing team.
The role is responsible for providing a service which optimises quality and continuity of care for patients/clients, providing an informed resource for nurses, doctors and other allied health professionals, and providing a programme of education and training for multi-disciplinary staff that benefits patients/clients. The position requires a strategic approach to the development of services and structures, embracing continuous quality improvement and the management of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives.
* To provide advice and treat all patients requiring palliative care.
* To educate patients and their carers, nursing and allied health professional colleagues regarding palliative care.
* Act as an expert in providing information and assistance to nursing and allied health colleagues to their request for advice and support on palliative care.
* Monitor and critique current nursing research in relation to oncology care and will lead in the initiation and implementation of best practice in nursing patients with cancer.
* The clinical practice role may be divided into direct and indirect care. Direct care comprises the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care to patients and their families. Indirect care relates to activities that influence others in their provision of direct care.
* Act as a specialist palliative care resource for patients with advanced disease and their families referred to the palliative care team.
* Act as a specialist palliative care resource for health care professionals in the hospital.
* Be responsible for own caseload of patients, visit them regularly and initiate changes in management to improve symptom control and psychological well-being.
* Anticipate the many and varied palliative care needs of patients and families, devise and implement strategies to meet these needs and evaluate their effectiveness.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with nursing staff and all other disciplines involved in care to provide good quality palliative care for patients and their families both within the hospital and community services.
* Act as a patient advocate within the multi-disciplinary team.
* Provide a supportive counselling service for patients, assessing their needs and refer on to more formal counselling services as necessary, be aware of the impact the illness may be having on the patients and their families.
* Refer patients and families to specialist palliative care teams in the community or to inpatient palliative care units as necessary.
* Ensure that the dignity of the patient is ensured and maintained at all times and having regard to the ethics and philosophy of the hospital.
* Ensure patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
* Effectively manage the palliative care requirements of a caseload of patients.
* Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by NMBI
* Hold a Diploma in Palliative Care or equivalent qualification.
* Have a minimum of 3 years post registration experience in palliative care nursing.
* Be computer literate.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
* Have the ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door of an excellent reputable expanding hospital.
For further information please Call Maria O' Dwyer today on mobile 087 2951493 who'd be delighted to speak with you or email Maria on email@example.com