Counselling Psychologist Dublin South Adult Mental Health
- Job Reference: 75257 S22T
- Date Posted: 2 February 2024
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Dublin South
- Salary: €150,000 to €200,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Benefits
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Contract
- Work Hours: Full Time
Counselling Psychologist Dublin South Mental Health
This is an excellent opportunity for an Consultant Psychiatrist to be part of a Mental Health Psychiatry Team with a top Dublin hospital in Ireland.
Location: Dublin South
A hospital offering neuropsychiatric services to adults with a range of serious and enduring mental health needs, are hiring a Counselling Psychologist with a Special Interest in Neuropsychiatry or Psychiatry of Later Life.
Hospital provides a spectrum of neuropsychiatric services to adults with serious and enduring mental health needs. The facility is renowned for its specialised care for individuals with conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's Diseases, early onset dementia's, schizophrenia, and mood disorders.
An exciting opportunity for a Counselling Psychologist to play an integral role in a committed multi-disciplinary team.
Work Location: Dublin South
Hours of work per week: 37 hours
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
1. Professional and Clinical
* Carry out Psychological assessments as necessary, with patients/residents attending
the inpatient/day and outpatient services.
* Develop and provide individual, family, and group therapeutic
interventions/strategies to patients/residents as required.
* Work with and supervise Student/Trainee/Assistant Psychologists.
* Carry out research, especially in the area of service evaluation, regarding
patients/residents attending the service.
* Identify psychological needs in the presenting patient population and develop
proposals on how these needs could be met.
2. Management and Leadership
* Familiar with and competent in Data Protection, GDPR, and Freedom of Information.
3. Health and Safety
* Observe, report, and take appropriate action on any matter that may be detrimental to staff and/or service user care and may be inhibiting the efficient provision of care.
* Assist in observing and ensuring implementation and adherence to established policies and procedures e.g. health and safety, infection control, storage and use of controlled drugs, etc.
* To ensure completion of incident/near miss forms/clinical risk reporting, and that recommendations are fully implemented.
4. Educational and Development
* Develop a professional development plan and review it regularly with the Clinical
* Ensure that the clinical areas in the centre where students may be assigned for
clinical placements are developed to provide the optimum learning and teaching
* A recognised third-level degree or diploma (QQ1 level 8 equivalent) in which psychology was taken as a major subject.
* A recognised postgraduate professional qualification in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, or an equivalent qualification validated by the Department of Health.
* At least five years of satisfactory post-graduate experience in the area of professional psychology.
* Post-qualification experience working within adult mental health/psychiatry of later
* Training in cognitive-behavioural therapy.
* Training/expertise in at least one other therapeutic modality (e.g. family therapy,
dialectical behaviour therapy, schema therapy, emotion-focused therapy, compassion-
focused therapy, psycho-dynamic psychotherapy).
* Training in clinical supervision and experience in providing same.
* Have good knowledge and experience of health, safety, and other statutory
regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
* To be in a position to demonstrate good people management experience and skills.
* Be able to illustrate a high level of verbal and non-verbal skills to effectively c
communicate with and relate to patients, visitors, colleagues, management team, and
* Experience working in a hospital setting.
* Good assessment, formulation and report writing skills to a high professional
Our benefits include:
* Contributory pension
* Further education support is available
* Comprehensive training
* Free on-site staff parking
* Subsidised restaurant
* Employee assistance programme
* Recharge Employee Well-being programme
* Long Service Recognition programme
* Career development
* Flexible working arrangement
* Dublin Bus & Irish Rail Tax Saver Tickets
* Cycle to Work Scheme
For immediate interview please send us your CV to: email@example.com
or call Orla on +353 87 8550555 for more information