Director of Nursing-Prestigious Acute Hospital -West of Ireland
- Job Reference: 173990
- Date Posted: 1 May 2021
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Galway
- Salary: €1.00
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package
- Sector: Executive Positions, Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
A Major Hospital in Ireland is seeking to recruit a
Director of Nursing
who will be part of Senior Management of the Hospital and member of the Hospital's Management Team
Brief Summary of Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing operates in accordance with the policies of the Hospital and works in collaboration with other professionals and service managers to achieve the service goals of the Hospital.
*Provide strategic and clinical leadership and direction for nursing and related services which results in the delivery of effective, efficient, quality assured and patient centred nursing care.
*Accept responsibility for management of all nursing services over a 24 hour period and ensure that systems are in place to support this responsibility
*Support the principle that the care of the patient comes first at all times and will approach their work with the flexibility and enthusiasm necessary to make this principle a reality for every patient to the greatest possible degree
- Registered, or are eligible for registration, in the General Nurse Division of the Register of Nurses and Midwives maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland - NMBI
- Have at least 10 years post registration nursing experience and 5 years nursing management experience at a minimum of CNM 2 level of which 3 must have been in an acute setting.
- Possess a post graduate qualification at not less than level 8 (QQI) in health care or management related area.
- Detailed Job Description available on request
REMUNERATION: A highly attractive Salary and Benefits are on offer.
For further information on a strictly confidential basis and Job Specification, please contact Christy on 087 - 9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)
Please forward your CV in Word Format to