EHS Supervisor - Major Medical Devices Co. Athlone, Ireland
- Job Reference: NET - 71286
- Date Posted: 5 June 2022
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Athlone
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer
- Sector: Engineering, Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
A major Multi-National Medical Devices Company in Athlone, Ireland is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified person for the following vacancy:
ENVIRONMENT HEALTH AND SAFETY SUPERVISOR
The EHS Supervisor is directly involved in the development and administration of plant Environment, Health & Safety Programmes with special emphasis on employee safety and education, direct and control internal/external environment. Reporting to the Plant Manager the EHS Supervisor will be responsible for plant Environment, Health & Safety Programmes.
* Manage, implement, and promote EHS management system in line with standards to comply with corporate and regulatory bodies. Respond to regulatory changes by implementing changes for compliance.
* Set goals and objectives for EHS within the Company Athlone facility to drive and monitor a culture of continuous improvement in EHS.
* Direct supervision responsibility for the EHS team (EHS Coordinator and OHN).
* Develop EHS programmes and policies to ensure efficiency + compliance. Examples include effective management and control of water, wastewater, air emissions and solid waste on site. Minimise the use of materials, chemicals and waste generated to minimize environmental impact. Recommend and co-ordinate safety training programmes.
* Provide EHS guidance to all levels of the organization on safety and health matters.
* Ensure a robust incident investigation process + monitor incident trends
* Assist in accident investigations and identify underlining causes and appropriate corrective action.
* Conduct regular inspections with Supervisors/Managers of departments, of work conditions and practices.
* As requested, review the Environment, safety and health aspects of new substances equipment, plant modifications and layout.
* Where health hazards or potential health hazards exist, co-ordinate occupational hygiene monitoring to evaluate employee exposure.
* Evaluate safety equipment, including personal protective equipment, and set standards for selection and use.
* Report and disclose information to regulatory bodies relating to EHS aspects of site activities e.g., air emissions and wastewater discharges.
* Implement Environmental programmes and procedures and obtain and abide by any environmental legal permits and licences necessary for the business activity.
Key Skills & Experience
* NFQ Degree Level 8 or higher to include a qualification in a relevant discipline
* Three years' experience in a manufacturing environment in a similar role
* Must be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to work as part of a team.
* Makes ongoing decisions in relation to plant and equipment, safety specifications, safety training, accident/safety investigations, safety/protective equipment.
* Seeks approval and advise in the following areas.
* Major expenditures, decisions affecting the local community and interpretation of company policy.
REMUNERATION: A competitive salary and flexible Benefits Package is on offer.
APPLICATION: If interested in applying for this post, please email your CV in Word Format to:
Enquiries in strictest confidence to Christy on 087 9473404 or 00 353 879473404 (if outside Ireland)