Manufacturing Supervisor-Major Medical Devices Co. -Athlone,IRE
- Job Reference: NET - 177871
- Date Posted: 1 May 2021
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Athlone
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Salary Benefits package on offer
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
A Major Medical Devices Company in Athlone, Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
In the Manufacturing function, focus is on ensuring all manufacturing goals in terms of quality, safety, service and cost are achieved. Manufacturing Supervisors are directly involved in responsibility for a range of product cells within manufacturing. Achievement of the manufacturing goals must be accomplished through fostering & facilitating teamwork and empowerment.
* Most of the time is spent overseeing their area of responsibility, managing performance, developing talent, engagement & inclusion, communicating business and operation developments, planning, prioritizing and or directing the responsibilities of their team.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
* Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
* Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
* Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas
* Maintain acceptable level of quality by ensuring adherence to all quality specifications and procedures. Work closely with QA personnel in meeting quality requirements.
* Establish and maintain good work practices ensuring safety of all personnel.
* Provide effective training, clear performance expectations, specific feedback on behaviors, effective coaching and mentoring, identifying and providing developmental opportunities, and accurate, timely performance appraisals.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 3rd level Level 8 qualification in business/engineering or a related field.
* Supervisory Development Program is a requirement.
* Six Sigma or Lean certified.
* 5 years + experience in manufacturing or related function.
* Strong people management skills
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to quickly assemble and evaluate the facts needed to solve problems is critical.
A very attractive Salary/Benefits Package is on offer and negotiable
Please forward your CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please ring Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 if outside Ireland