NEW - Senior Process Engineer - Medical Devices - Galway
A Major Multi National Medical Devices Company in Galway City wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
The role in the Operational Excellence Group is to support the
continuous development and implementation of the Cell Operating System (COS) across the
site whilst providing ongoing leadership, coaching and support to the organization in the
operation of the COS sub systems and the associated culture change for an accelerated rate
of improvement in Business performance.
* Drive Design for COS (DfCOS) Culture Change, leading, advocating and influencing
change whilst driving process and systems excellence.
* Develop A3/DMAIC problem solving competency through DfCOS programs and teams
whilst providing 6 sigma tools and methodology support in the resolution of key
* Develop and advance organizational knowledge of COS & DfCOS
* Coach CTOR's & the wider NPD teams in the DfCOS process and subsequent
attainment of the COS target conditions as they relate to their NPD programs.
* Provide specific DfCOS SME guidance and advice on individual technical (ex. Product &
M/C design for COS) and cultural/social challenges
* Advise the Core Team Leader (CTL) on the DfCOS program progress, opportunities,
challenges, roadblocks etc
* Lead the development of new DfCOS concepts and standards to address gaps that the
core teams experience
* Develop these concepts and standards across all phases of PDP while also specifically
helping to explore how the DfCOS process can better support the product
development cycle from R+I through to Design Freeze
* Teach and Mentor CTL's, CTOR's and the Core team on the underlying
principles of COS and DfCOS, helping with the understanding and creating
empowerment space for everyone's journey
* Contribute to the overall thinking around the development of the DfCOS
process and how it can become better engrained in PDP
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Qualified to min degree Level 8 in Engineering, Science, Business or equivalent
* 3-5 years relevant work experience
* Deep Knowledge and experience in NPD and PDP are an advantage
* A proven track record in critical thinking with ability to see beyond the presenting issue
through clear, concise, structured thinking is an advantage.
* A dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on
cross functional teams.
* Innovative by nature, comfortable at implementing significant change with strong
analytical, interpersonal and people skills.
REMUNERATION: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer
APPLICATION: Please forward CV in Word Format to:
INFORMAL ENQUIRIES: Phone Christy on 087-9473404 or 00353 879473404 (if outside Ireland)