About the role:
Overall responsibility for the hotel during night hours, ensuring that the highest level of guest service is given at all times, paying particular attention to conference/function business and all public areas, ascertaining complete guest satisfaction at all times;
Role Specific Duties
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring that the department is rostered appropriately and that all employees carry out the duties assigned to them
- Serve as the Duty Manager for the property during the night period;
- Ensure the hotel is prepared in advance of each shift and in accordance with relevant SOPs
- To liaise with front office regarding all aspects of client's requirements;
- To ensure the safety of all our guests throughout the night, by completing the safety checks and night audits competently;
- To ensure meeting rooms are properly set up, broken down and reset according to the weekly function sheets;
- Ensure that all staff arrive to work on time and in correct uniform and name badge as per schedule and adhere to Clocking Policy
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and report them to the General Manager
- Delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximise resources
- Assist in creating and inputting the weekly roster into Timepoint before the deadline, considering the business demand.
- Daily control and update staff attendance in Timepoint ensuring accuracy of payroll
- To be aware of the day's business in all Departments within the Hotel
- Maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings, discussions and handovers
- Communicate our services and facilities to guests as required
- To be aware and ensure compliance with all company policy's regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, and
Customer Care & Security
- To liaise with all other Heads of Departments and Duty Managers to ensure high quality of service is always achieved
- To work in conjunction with the General Manager & Deputy General Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department and overall business
- Attendance at all Operational Meetings and HOD Meetings
Skills & requirements
- Computer literate, be reliable and be well organised.
- Be pro-active and be a team player.
- Previous experience of a similar role in a hotel would be essential. Previous bar experience/reception experience is desired.
- Must be flexible as the role involves shift work and weekend working.
- Complimentary Membership
- Discounted Accommodation Rates
- Life Insurance
- Employee Counselling Line
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Christmas Savings Scheme
- Free parking
- Staff Meals