Nursing Services Manager Kilkenny Hospital
- Job Reference: 73862 S49
- Date Posted: 18 September 2023
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Waterford
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: excellent Hospital plus benefits
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Part Time
Nursing Services Manager
Our client an established expanding hospital in Waterford wishes to recruit a Nursing Services Manager CNM3 Grade
* Be responsible for the safe and effective operations of Nursing services towards ensuring patients have safe and timely access to services, expertise and support on a 24 hour basis.
* Provide clinical leadership, support, expertise and managerial advice to all staff in the clinical area
* Ensure that the day-to-day activities and resources of the hospital are managed and co-ordinated throughout, so that a first class patient focused service is delivered
* Be aware of all policies in relation to fire prevention, moving and handling, major emergency, waste management and risk management and implement these.
* Promote and maintain a high standard of nursing care, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all patients and staff and maintain an excellent hospital image at all times. Support service areas in day to day operational delivery of services and manage any professional or operation issues that required action and escalation.
* Provide leadership and support to the nurse managers to enable and empower them to deliver high quality safe patient care and ensure agreed objectives and policies set are achieved.
* Provide continuous improvement recommendations to the Director of Nursing & Quality and wider executive team where necessary.
* Develop effective workforce planning in conjunction with CNM's. Be able to forecast trends regarding skill/case mix to ensure effective short and long term workforce planning.
* Ensure that all nursing and support services are managed to optimise effectiveness, quality, safety and efficiency.
* Ensure the clinical areas are provided with advice and information required to formulate policies, decide priorities, set and achieve objectives and monitor progress in collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Managers, Assistant Directors of Nursing and Director of Nursing & Quality
* Provide clinical and management leadership and ensure an effective learning environment for the multidisciplinary team and taking an active part in the delivery of care as appropriate.
* Work within the code of Professional Conduct for Nurses, participation in the development of the Scope of Practice and provide strong professional leadership and direction for nursing services.
* Promote an environment that is conducive to the development of best practice, enhances staff retention and promotes good industrial relations.
* Maintain a high level of staff morale, promoting good communication, team spirit and job satisfaction among members of the multidisciplinary team. Strive to ensure that staff are accountable, responsible and have authority to practice and manage within their roles.
* Play a role in the recruitment and selection of nursing and support staff for the service.
* Ensure that all new nursing and support staff receive an adequate orientation and induction programme, have a clear understanding of their duties, responsibilities and standards of performance at all times.
* Ensure that staff nurses are effectively supported with annual reviews and the development of personal development plans.
* Oversee the provision of a duty roster that ensures resources are deployed effectively and efficiently to cope with fluctuations in workload, case complexity, adequate skills mix, planned Unit/Ward activity or staff absence difficulties.
* Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by NMBI
* 5 years' post-qualified experience in an acute hospital setting
* A minimum of 3 years' experience at CNM1 level or above
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the development and delivery of a comprehensive service, meeting a full range of key targets and making significant improvements
* Worked with a diverse range of stakeholders internal and external to achieve successful outcomes
* A proactive hands on 'can do' attitude
* Demonstrated capability in change management
* Hold an up to date ACLS course or a willingness to undertake same
* Previous experience in a hospital environment is highly desirable for this role
For full job spec please call Suzanne on 087 855055
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further your career.
Please email CV to: email@example.com
Keywords: Staff Nurse, Nurse, Dublin, CNM3, Hospital,CNM2, CNM1, Clinical Nurse Manager, Medical, Nurse Service Manager, Waterford,Kireland