Occupational Health Nurse Cork
- Job Reference: 73809 S28
- Date Posted: 18 September 2023
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Cork City
- Salary: €50,000 to €60,000
- Bonus/Benefits: excellent
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: ASAP
- Work Hours: Full Time
Occupational Health Nurse
Occ Health Nurse
Our client an established Organisation in Cork is currently recruiting a qualified Occupational Health Nurse to join their team. This is a full-time role (5 days Mon-Fri). This role is responsible for providing a comprehensive and proactive range of occupational health & well-being services while overseeing and managing the administrative and operational activities of occupational health services.
We offer a favourable package and working environment with a strong focus on development.
* A recognised qualification in Occupational Health is essential for this role. (We are open to meeting students currently working towards an Occupational Health qualification)
* Registered General Nurse with a valid NMBI registration
* Competency in Audiometry, Spirometry, Vision screening, phlebotomy, VDU ergonomics & administration of vaccines.
* Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal, empathy and listening skills.
* Strong organisational and planning skills including time management with proven track record of prioritizing key tasks and delivery to a high professional standard.
* Strong team member with proven ability to establish and maintain effective working people relationships.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in occupational health nursing.
* Assure compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical operations
* Responsible for securing and developing all records, equipment and programmes related to occupational health services
* Annual review of all Occupational Health Policies and Procedures in line with legislation, business changes and audit requirements.
* Completion of pre-employment medicals, interpretation of results and compiling reports
* Carry out risk assessments across the organization as required.
* Co-ordinate completion of VDU Ergonomics programme and completion and assessment of same.
* Devise a clear coordinated plan to improve employee wellbeing and reduce absenteeism levels.
* Liaising with OHPs, GPs, Physiotherapists and Consultants in managing cases.
* Developing return to work plans following serious injury or a period of prolonged ill health.
* Management and follow-up of needle stick/splash injuries.
* Provision of relevant reports/updates to Managers.
* Coordination of vaccination clinics for influenza/hepatitis B etc.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced OH Nurse looking for a new challenge, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door of an excellent reputable organisation.
Salary is excellent & negotiable for the right candidates, excellent benefits, flexible hours
For more information call Maria O' Dwyer today on 087 2951493 or for more information on this client & a confidential chat please email Maria on firstname.lastname@example.org