Office Manager - Software Company - Galway City
- Job Reference: NET - 70314
- Date Posted: 17 November 2022
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Galway
- Salary: €35,000 to €45,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer
- Sector: Administration, Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
A Software Company located in Galway City wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
This is a progressive Irish Software Company that produces Software for small businesses.
The Head Office is located in Liosban, Galway City.
REQUIREMENTS: - Skills and Qualifications
* 3+ years of office management experience including financial/bookkeeping and HR
* Excellent general management and people management skills, flexibility, and
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.), Google products with aptitude to
learn new software and systems
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Engaging personality and optimistic outlook.
* Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
* Fulfil the role of Office Manager, provide administrative support to the Chief
Executive and the Company Team, and ensure the smooth running of the office
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
* Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office and ensure that all administrative
systems are working smoothly.
* Undertake assigned duties in relation to finance, human resources, health and
safety, data protection and general compliance matters.
* Keeping management informed of staff performance with routine and requested
* Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments,
meetings, and events, booking travel, maintaining the filing system, mailing and
shipping packages, and updating the contact database and employee list.
* Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented
* Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and
fulfil office supply needs, maintain and manage vendors, and coordinate deliveries
* Oversee office interactions, responding to requests and questions.
* Maintain office efficiency by maintaining the appearance of common areas, organising
procedures, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing
supplies and equipment.
* Raise sales invoices and management of payments/aged debtors.
* Enter all Purchase invoices, receipts, expenses before month end into Xero financial
* Arrange payment of supplier invoices
* Allocate bank payments in Xero for both sales & purchase invoices, staff salaries,
* Complete bank reconciliation report at the end of each month.
* Complete VAT/VIES return on a monthly basis and publish reports in Xero.
* Maintain monthly financial reports (Revenue target, Profit & loss, Project Planning,
* Liaise with our insurance partners and ensure insurance policies are kept up to date
and aligned with business needs.
* Liaise with Government bodies to avail of appropriate grants, prepare and submit
grant applications in a timely fashion to obtain payments/funds.
* Familiarity with GDPR and data protection legislation.
Human Resources/Health and Safety
* Works closely and proactively with external expert advisors to ensure that we meet
and exceed legal requirements and best practice in HR.
* Recommends, and implements new and revised policies and procedures to ensure
compliance with HR.
* Actively researches developments in the market and changes in legislation.
* Manage recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes and HR systems.
* Tracking and monitoring annual/sick leave.
Such other duties may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive or other designated person.
Salary: An attractive Salary/Benefits Package is negotiable.
Hours of Duty: 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
A form of hybrid (Office and Home) working may be considered in line with Company's requirements.
If interested in applying for the post, please submit your CV in Word Format to:
Informal phone enquiries in strictest confidence to: Christy on 087 9473404