Principal Automation Design Engineer Medical Devices - Athlone
- Job Reference: 177488C
- Date Posted: 18 July 2020
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Westmeath
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Principal Automation Design Engineer Medical Devices - Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
A Major Multinational Medical Devices Company in Athlone, Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
Principal Automation Design Engineer
The Principal Design Automation Engineer is directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through automation and supports the development of strategies for automation that provide a road map to search for these improvements.
oChampions a common-sense approach to automation projects using the USA1 principle.
oLeads a program to search for improvements through USA principles and strategies for
automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into RGI's
capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
oManages mission critical2 automation projects through their typical lifecycle3 for
legacy products and new product development projects.
oProvides guidance to RGI manufacturing sites on automation strategies, best
practices and project lifecycle3 work stream.
oProvides subject matter expertise4 to RGI and vendor automation related stakeholders
as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on
mission critical automation systems.
oPrepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and
oSpecify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and
evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
oProcures and manages vendors involved on mission critical automation projects
(contracts, performance, payments).
oEnsures delivered automation systems adhere to applicable domestic and international
standards as well as to company and manufacturing site's EHS policies and SOP's.
oUnderstand the existing process, Simplify the process, Automate the process.
oQuality, Cost Reduction, Capacity/Service.
oas per Automation Manual (formation - technical reviews/DFX/PFMEA - RFP - RFQ -
Vendor selection - CER - Kick off - design reviews - FAT - SAT - Closeout).
ocomputer aided design (CAD) software engineering methods, theories and research
Key Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, mechatronic, or closely related discipline.
* A minimum of 7 years experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated
track record of leading automation systems development.
* Knowledgeable & experienced about mechanical, electrical/electronic design, programmable
logic controls (PLC) - Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems,
* Knowledgeable on project management of automation systems development lifecycle.
* Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk
management methodologies such as PFMEA.
* Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
* Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
* Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
* Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
An attractive Salary/Benefits Package is on offer/negotiable
For immediate interview, please email your CV in Word Format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For informal confidential enquiries, please telephone Christy on 087 9473404 OR 00353 87 9473404 if outside IRELAND
#automationengineer #mechatronic #medical devices #mechanical #electrical #electronicdesign #programmablelogiccontrols #PLC #projectmanagement #automationsystemsdevelopment #DFX #sixsigma #automationdesignengineer #princialautomationengineer