Product Engineer (Permanent/Remote), Medical Devices, Galway
- Job Reference: NET - 71462
- Date Posted: 12 June 2022
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Galway
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
A Major Multi-National Medical Devices Company in Galway City is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified person for the following vacancy:
PRODUCT ENGINEER 11
(Permanent & Remote)
The ideal candidate will have a design mindset that will improve devices in terms of cost, manufacturability, and ease of clinical use. The Engineer will be involved in the forefront of technology and innovation to bring ideas to fruition. This candidate will also support low to medium complexity cost savings projects, manufacturing process improvements, and product redesigns.
* Perform product design and development, specializing in improving the value of legacy products.
* Coordinate and support value engineering events with various cross-functional groups.
* Key participant in DFMEA, PFMEA, and CTQ processes assuring proposed changes do not impact the device.
* Lead cross-functional and/or departmental groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into components or products with moderate complexity.
* Interface with R&D, Customers, Marketing, Manufacturing and Suppliers to discover and trial new raw materials or production processes with the intent of improving performance or quality, reducing cost, and improving manufacturing efficiencies.
* Keep current with technology/engineering advances to deliver best available technology to the project.
* Effectively manage projects, coordinate activities, and communicate progress to key stakeholders.
* Partner with the Company's supply base to create and evaluate potential value improvement opportunities.
* Communicate technically with key stakeholders and develop product and process expertise and complete activities per compliance requirements.
* Create project proposals to present business case to leaders.
* Continue to enhance engineering and leadership skills through additional training and education.
Key Skills & Experience
* Level 8 Bachelor's Degree in a Science / Engineering or related discipline
* 2 Years + Experience in a similar role
* Team player - ability to effectively interact with all disciplines
* Self-starter - ability to interpret critical aspects of information received from multiple sources
* Dynamic, positive attitude
* Strong communication and drive for results
* Solid design, troubleshooting and presentation skills
* SolidWorks, Office Suite, Minitab
* Knowledge of FDA Quality Systems Regulations and ISO Quality Systems
* Working knowledge of Six Sigma
* Working knowledge of GD&T
* Good project management capabilities with experience in medical process validations
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of
* Travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
REMUNERATION: a competitive salary and flexible Benefits Package is on offer.
Please submit your CV in Word Format to:
Informal enquiries in the strictest confidence to Christy on 087 - 9473404 or 00353 87 9473404