Quality, Risk and Safety Manager Kildare or Hybrid
Quality, Risk and Safety Manager Waterford Ireland
Healthcare and Medical
Role can be based on site or Hybrid
An excellent healthcare company is expanding in Ireland and hiring a Quality Risk & Safety Manager
The Quality, Risk and Patient Safety Manager (QRPS) will lead, advise and manage the development and implementation of Quality, Risk and Patient Safety structures and processes
The QRPS Manager will also
* Co-ordinate the Quality and Patient Safety Agenda (including health and safety and risk management activities) and be accountable for the organisational achievement of conformance and performance with internal and external compliance requirements.
* Drive core programmes of work in quality, safety and risk management, including: clinical effectiveness, audit, health and safety, service user involvement; risk management, complaints, incidents and serious incidents and patient safety and service improvement.
* Lead and manage the development of a Quality and Safety function which supports managers in the task of delivering quality and safe services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are indicative of the role but not exhaustive:
Accreditation (JCI) Management and Delivery
* Be accountable for developing mechanisms to implement and monitor JCI standards.
* Develop systems and processes aligned to the JCI accreditation in accordance with
managements strategies and protocols.
* Reviews accreditation and regulatory agencies survey findings and develops and manages action plans to address non-compliance.
* Ensure retention of JCI accreditation going forward.
* Responsible for developing and updating compliance related KPI's.
* Leads the establishment of the tracer activity process.
Quality/Risk/Safety Management (QRPS)
* Leads the team in any Root Cause analysis necessary and reports findings to management.
Qualifications & Experience:
* A minimum of 7 years' experience working in a similar clinical environment.
* Have a working knowledge of the JCI standards and comply with associated
protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards
* Previous clinical experience and knowledge is an advantage.
* Knowledge and experience of risk management in a clinical care setting including
risk assessment, risk register, risk reporting and monitoring.
* Knowledge and experience of the Incident Management Process.
* Proven IT capabilities and aptitude.
* Prior management or project management skills are required that demonstrate the
ability to plan, implement, and manage complex projects.
* Knowledge of information systems and process improvement techniques is also
* Data management and analysis expertise is essential, specifically Excel.
* Previous experience in training and coaching employees.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to speak and act on behalf of the company in relation to Quality, Risk and
Safety incidents and protocols.
* Strong administrative skillset.
* Completes tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
* High attention to detail.
* Proven and effective PC skills to include word, excel, PowerPoint.
* Experience of MediSoft and DGL.
* Ability to work well with a diverse set of stakeholders.
* Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
* Effective time management and organisational skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
* A high level of flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service.
* Maintains accountability for ongoing self-development activities, especially related
to presentation facilitation, change management and the application of quality
Specific Role Requirements:
* 5 day working week - 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday inclusive
* You an be based remotely as you will be required travel to other company locations,
* Full clean driving licence
For immediate interview please email: email@example.com
or call Sylvia on 087 8550555 for more information