Job Title / Grade: Senior Neurophysiologist
The Senior Neurophysiologist will undertake and perform diagnostic
neurophysiological testing on an outpatient and inpatient basis both within the
department and at ward level.
- Perform his/her duties under the guidance of the Chief Neurophysiologist and
Consultant Clinical Neurophysiologist.
- Explain testing procedure to patient and contribute to patient reassurance
- Perform Routine, Sleep Deprived, Prolonged and Portable EEG recordings as
per departmental standards and protocols.
- Perform somatosensory evoked potentials and visual evoked potentials to
- Perform nerve conduction studies independently and alongside the
Consultant Clinical Neurophysiologist to departmental standards.
- Write technical reports on neurophysiological testing performed.
- Basic maintenance and infection control of departmental equipment with
reporting of equipment issues to Chief Neurophysiologist.
- Participation in training and education of junior members of staff and training
of Clinical Measurement Science students.
- Maintenance of skills and knowledge by participating in continuous
- Adherence to departmental protocols and hospital wide policies and
- Participate in research opportunities where appropriate.
- Undertake departmental audits.
- Contribute to the planning and strategic goals of the department.
- Have excellent organizational skills to ensure effective and efficient delivery of
- Have flexibility to ensure the urgent delivery of services where required.
- The ability to work as a member of a team in a very busy neurophysiology service.
- Create, promote and maintain open communication and good working relationships throughout the hospital.
- Contributes to the overall strategic goals and future development of the department.
- Delivery of the service with a patient centred approach and contributes to change to further improve the patient experience.
General Responsibilities and Accountabilities
You will be aware of the confidential nature of Hospital work and in particular, the
right of patients to confidentiality.
2. Policies & Procedures
You are required to familiarize yourself with and adhere to all policy and
procedural documents relevant to your position.
3. Hygiene Standards
The highest standard of hygiene must be maintained in the Hospital at all times
and all staff members are responsible for ensuring compliance with the Hospitals
requirements and standards with regard to hygiene. It is the responsibility of all
staff to have a fundamental understanding of their individual responsibility in
maintaining departmental & site hygiene standards.
4. Health and Safety
Ensure that effective safety procedures are in place to comply not only with the
Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 but also within the spirit of the
Hospital's mission, vision and values, and they are known and followed by staff.
You are required to familiarize yourself with the requirements of employees under
the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and to promote a work
environment that is compliant with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act
2005. Each staff member is individually responsible for ensuring that the Hospital
remains a safe place to work.
5. Information Technology
Ensure the most effective and efficient use of developments in information
technology for administrative support in a manner, which integrates well with
systems throughout the organization.
Requirements Essential/Desirable Qualifications:
Possess the B.Sc. in
of Dublin (TUD).
Possess the Certificate
in Medical Physics and
University of Dublin
Possess an equivalent
qualification (Level 8) as
deemed appropriate by
the Irish Institute of
Further post graduate
education and qualifications
relevant to the role.
3 years post qualification
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate for further details & full job spec Please Call in confidence Khan today on 083 0105894 or email CV to email@example.com