Senior R & D Engineer, Major Medical Devices Company, Galway
- Job Reference: NET - 177771
- Date Posted: 17 June 2020
- Recruiter: Headhunt International
- Website: http://www.headhuntinternational.com
- Location: Galway
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway,Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR R & D ENGINEER
In the Company's Research & Development Department, focus is on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac & Vascular space. There are a number of positions across the Coronary and Structural Heart Business Units for Senior R&D Engineers who are directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures, as part of a diverse R&D team. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the medical device industry where this Company is a World leader.
The Company seeks an experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialization of cutting-edge devices. The Company provides a defined technical career path with ample developmental opportunities to progress to higher levels in the organization.
The role includes the following responsibilities and skill sets:
* Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
* Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
* Effectively represent the Company while interacting with physicians to filter their needs into product requirements and concepts
* Participate in technical innovation across the department
* Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
* Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to generate feasible designs
* Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
* Play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts potentially progressing a project from concept phase into commercialization phase
* Contribute to resolution of technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
* Contribute to generation of intellectual property
* Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
* Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Qualified person to Bachelor/Master's Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience.
* Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
* Experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
* Familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad biomedical materials and processing knowledge.
* Collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur.
* You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
* High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
REMUNERATION: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer and negotiable
Please forward CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please phone Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 and if outside Ireland 00353 87 9473404